AMDG

Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Poem in Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus


+ JMJ +

I'd like to share a poem that I found at Heart to Heart Website, an Apostolic Mission for the Renewal of the Devotion to The Sacred Heart of Jesus.


Here's what it says at the site:

Since many of the poems, are ... beautiful prayers of love to Him, it is highly recommended that those who wish to advance in their spiritual closeness and unity with His Divine Heart, recite those that most speak your feelings daily.

Two of His 12 Promises to those who practice the devotion faithfully with great love ... are that: "tepid souls shall become fervent" and that "fervent souls shall quickly mount to high perfection." After you read them, slowly, as prayers, we believe these poems will present His love ... to you in a way you have never before ... experienced Him and the enormity of His love and sacrifice for us all. Feeling this, we are confident that you will reach a higher level of unity with His Heart ....

This is the poem that spoke most to me ....  Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place my trust in You!

SCARS


As Your hand reaches for mine,
I see Your scars,
A remembrance of my past,
An acknowledgement of my present.
I cringe at the sight,
Knowing full well my part
In your pain.

In Your Mercy, still,
You offer Your hand
Inviting my love,
Forgiving my ignorance,
Dissolving my arrogance,
Giving strength to my weakness.

As I take Your hand in mine.
Your warm, strong touch of love
Dissolves the bars on my heart.
My heart seeks Yours and
Like the sinful woman
My tears wash Your wounds,
My love seeking to heal.

You, in Your infinite kindness,
Wipe away my tears.
Drawing my eyes to Yours
You betray no accusations, no bitterness,
As Your gaze floods through my soul
Making all things new.

11/24/99   


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails