AMDG

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Good Friends are like Stars. You don't always see them. But You know they're always there ....

+ JMJ +

 


I was driving to Mass this morning.  Something distressing happened yesterday.  I kept praying to Jesus about it.  I kept giving him the sadness I felt.  But I had to talk to someone.  I thought of my dear friend, Cathy.  Cathy and I don't see each other as often anymore because her kids go to school and I homeschool mine.  We have opposite schedules.  I miss our times together.  I was hoping she'd be at Mass this morning.  Dear Lord, I just need to talk to someone.

Mass had already started when we arrived.  So we stayed at the back.  It was a comfort to know that I was going to receive You, Lord.  As I was waiting towards the end of the Communion line, someone tapped me from the side.  It was CATHY!  It was so comforting to see her sweet, warm smile!  You are so good, Lord!  Thank you for sending my dear friend to me at this time of need.  Even though You allowed last night to happen, You have provided for me.  Thank you for showing me Your Love, for taking care of me during this time of need through my dear friend, Cathy.

9 comments:

Faith said...

Very sweet! God is so good!

Sweetums5 said...

Thanks, Faith! He truly is! Hope we can get together as well over the summer. I enjoy our conversations, and the kids will have fun!

Marcia said...

What a beautiful moment!

Jenny said...

I love it when He is so obvious! I pray she was able to offer some comfort.

Sweetums5 said...

Thanks, Marcia -- it truly was! Thanks for dropping by! God bless you!

Sweetums5 said...

-=-I love it when He is so obvious! -=-

I do, too, Jenny! Sometimes it's hard when He remains hidden -- especially when a decision has to be made. In those times, I just wish he'd send us a huge postcard, telling us exactly what to do....

-=- I pray she was able to offer some comfort. -=-

Oh, Jenny, so sweet of you to ask! Yes, Cathy was able to lend an ear and shoulder to cry on. Just her being there lifted up my spirits. God is good. Thanks so much for your prayers!

God bless you!

Barbara A. Schoeneberger said...

Sometimes the important thing in dealing with pain is to know that another human being who knows us is there to care. I am happy for you that God gave you what you wanted and needed.

Anonymous said...

I think someone has written a book called "When God Winks at Us." Sounds like you had such a moment. And we all need those at times!

Evan

Cynthia said...

Ah, goodness...don't you just love when that happens?

Sometimes I am constantly reminding myself that God is a loving Father who desires so deeply to love and nudge us gently along in this life. Glad you got a little piece of that Heaven that day.

Thanks (by the way) for stopping by my blog! It was/is wonderful to know I am not alone in the w-o-r-r-y department ;^)

Looking forward to reading more of what you have here. God bless!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails