AMDG

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Why Go to Mass? # 4

+ JMJ +



I compiled some wonderful responses from Fr. Z's blogpost -- great reminders!

From Bryan:

1.  We will die someday and face our particular judgment, and so need to be constantly nourished at the Altar of His Sacrifice for that day -- after worthily receiving His forgiveness in the Sacrament of Reconciliation.

2.  Since we're fallen human beings, it's our privilege to assist at this foretaste of the Heavenly Banquet here on earth, despite our sinfulness and unworthiness.



From Carole McCorry:

1.  I go to Mass to celebrate and receive the Eucharist, to be spiritually nourished.
2.  Sometimes I just go for the peacefulness of prayer.
3.  I go because my heart calls me to be there.

From Fr. W:

At Mass, we offer the Blood of Christ in atonement for our sins.

From Joseph:

In deep gratitude for everything from whom all good originates.

From Jenice:

1.  I love the Mass.
2.  I’m grateful that the Lord called me out of darkness and into the wonderful light of the Catholic Church.
3.  I want to become more holy.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails