AMDG

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Why Go to Mass? # 3

+ JMJ +



I compiled some wonderful responses from Fr. Z's blogpost -- great reminders!

From M:  To glorify God.

From Tzard:

1. For the answering of my particular intentions, which I bring with me to Mass (and general intentions, like for the Holy Father).

2. For the dead.

From Cardinal O'Malley:

1. To be transformed by Christ’s grace.

2. To participate in Jesus’s victory over death and the salvation of the world.

3. To deepen our relationship with God.

From Irish Girl:

I go to Mass to receive the graces to save my soul and be with God forever in heaven.

From a High School Principal:

I grew up in a family where going to Mass on Sunday was about as optional as breathing.

From bdchatfi:

We are dead men in need of Life. The Sacraments are our Medicine. Repentance and humility are our state.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails